Click to Download
Adobe Acrobat Reader
In order to inform the Texas A&M University community about University
Risk and Compliance and its services, including the university-wide risk
management program and the university-wide compliance program; University Risk
and Compliance gives presentations to various groups and organizations.
ERM & Compliance
- An Integrated Approach to Assessing and Managing Risks.
(April 17, 2012)
A presentation made at the Spring 2012 Workshop of the EUCG Conference.
- ERM tools That Work.
(October 12, 2011)
A presentation made at the North Carolina Enterprise Risk Management in Higher Education eSymposium.
- Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, and Management Advisory Services: An Integrated Approach (June 13, 2011)
A presentation made to the SCCE Higher Education Compliance Conference.
- Enterprise Risk Management - Assessing our Risks (April, 2009)
A brief overview of TAMU's ERM process.
- Texas A&M University Emergency Management (November 12, 2008)
A brief overview of TAMU’s emergency preparedness structure.
ERM Overview and the Risk Assessment Process (Feb. 6, 2008)
An overview of ERM, ERM tools, and the risk assessment process.
CSBA Winter Workshop (January 8, 2008)
An overview of the Texas A&M University Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Programs.
- Texas A&M Approach to Enterprise Risk Management (June 4, 2007)
Presentation given at the 5th Annual Conference for Effective Compliance in Higher Education regarding the status of ERM at Texas A&M.
- CSBA Winter Workshop (January 11, 2007)
An overview of how to perform a risk assessment.
- CSBA Winter Workshop (January 10, 2006)
A presentation on current audit issues.
- TEES Enterprise Risk Management Retreat (August 10, 2005)
An overview of the ERM process and how to perform risk assessments.
- CSBA Meeting (July 20, 2005)
An overview of the university-wide risk management and university-wide compliance programs.
- Big 12 Auditor’s Conference (June 14, 2005)
An overview of TAMU's university-wide risk management and university-wide compliance programs.
- Student Activities Risk Management Coordination Committee (April 8, 2005)
An overview of University Risk and Compliance including TAMU's ERM activities.
Controls and Accountability
- H1N1 Response (March 25, 2010)
A presentation to the TEEX Emergency Plan for Infectious Disease Workshop covering the steps taken to minimize the impact of an H1N1 pandemic to the University community.
- New Academic Leaders Orientation (September 4, 2009)
University Risk and Compliance responsibilities including risk preparations and response, audit issues, and fraud prevention and detection.
- CSBA Spring Workshop
(May 21, 2009)
A presentation given to CSBA providing an overview for proper segregation of duties.
- Fraud Prevention and Detection
(April 14, 2009)
A presentation given to CSBA over the various forms of workplace fraud,and how to prevent and detect them.
- New Academic Leaders Orientation (September 2, 2008)
University Risk and Compliance areas including safety and security, responding to major emergencies and risks, hot compliance topics, common audit issues, and fraud reporting.
- Sarbanes Oxley and Federal Sentencing Guidelines (November 28, 2007)
An overview of the Sarbanes Oxley act and the federal sentencing guidelines.
Cash Count Training (November 27, 2007)
A presentation on how to perform an independent cash count.
- Cash Count Procedures (November 27, 2007)
A checklist to use when performing a cash count.
- Cash Count Form (November 27, 2007)
A form used to document a cash count.
- New Academic Leaders Orientation (August 31, 2007)
University Risk and Compliance areas including safety and security, risk management, compliance topics, Rules/SAPs, management advisory services, audit liaison, and fraud prevention and detection.
- Orientation for New Academic Leaders (September 1, 2006)
A topics of concern overview for new academic leaders.
- CSBA SOX Workshop (February 1, 2006)
A presentation on internal controls and fraud.
- CSBA Winter Workshop (January 11, 2005)
An overview of the University-wide Risk Management Program, the University-wide Compliance Program, and University rules and SAPs.
Risk and Compliance Program Review Presented to Provost Admin Team Retreat (August
An overview of University Risk and Compliance.